Thursday, November 17, 2016

Violeta Parra

I don't know if I can choose "the greatest" chilean of all times, but defininitely I think she is one of the most important woman of our country. She is Violeta Parra. 

She is a popular and folcloric singer of the 60's, but also she was a very recognized artist. Besides as a composer, she was painter, sculptor, embroiderer and ceramist. So, she is a very important figure of the national culture, her musical and artistic work it'
s praises an international level for many countries. She was an influence not only in Latin America, her "arpilleras" and other artistic pieces also were exhibited at the Louvre in Paris, and in Geneva, Switzerland in her time. I think her legacy it's meaningful for our chilean identity. Her work is so powerful in very ways, the contents of the lyrics and the melodies are beautiful and some of them kind of sad at the same time, it's very poetic; and on the other hand, her art is full of she in a subjective way, say a lot of how sensitive she was and also of her personal experiences (some of them very tragic) in the Chile of that moment.

If she was alive I don't know if I would ask her something in specific; actually I think that she must was that kind of person that have a lot to say and only need to be listened by other people... So I think her best voice is the one that arise in her songs and pieces of art. In that sense, I would ask her if I would hear her sing, it would be a pleasure.  

3 comments:

  1. Violeta Para is undoubtedly one of the most important figures in the history of our country, I love it!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violeta Parra is really awesome, her songs are really deep and direct as to what they want to refer, like 'El centro de la injusticia'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she is outstanding, and it amazes me that she did so many types of art and diverse activities!

    ReplyDelete